Bill R. Hicks attended college on the G.I. Bill. He later worked full-time as a police officer while going to law school at night. After graduation, he was an assistant commonwealth’s attorney. He was the part-time prosecutor for the City of Falls Church for about 18 years.
Mr. Hicks has served as a chairman of the criminal law section of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association and has been a speaker at many continuing legal educations programs over the years. He has been in private practice for over 35 years. His practice is limited to criminal law and personal injury. He has represented clients facing charges ranging from murder, rape, and other serious felonies, to DUI, reckless driving, driving while suspended, and other traffic offenses. He has been AV-Preeminent Rated for many years.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Defense
- DWI/DUI and Traffic
- Personal Injury
- Virginia, 1976
- District of Columbia, 1979
- American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 1976
- East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina
- B.S. - 1970
- Many , Virginia State Bar
- Many, Virginia Trial Lawyer's Association
Honors and Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell AV-Preeminent
- Super Lawyers
- Northern Virginia Magazine Top Lawyers
- Commonwealth's Attorney, Assistant, 1976 to 1979
- City of Church Falls, City Prosecutor (p/t), 1979 to 1996
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.